Friday, July 24, 2015

Sea Dragon is 1 Yr Old!

Well, that time finally came! We have owned SV SeaDragon for one year. We actually moved aboard in September 2014 but signed the paperwork and took over ownership in July 2014. This is an exciting time! I have never been more happy to own a boat and call it home. I imagine us cruising for years to come making passages to islands and exploring many places I could only once dream about before. I feel so tied down, forgive the pun but it is true, we are still tied up here at the dock. It is a struggle right now with our finances trying to catch up on previous debts and  new ones that keep growing. I do want to  have a goal of cruising within 1 year. At least make it down to the Florida Keys by next Spring. There are lots of things we want to do but money is the issue right now. I know we can do this and we will continue trying! We made it thus far without killing each other! :)


We both are trying to find steady work here locally but it  has been taking some time to find something. I enjoy blogging and writing about our lives but that is not enough until the traffic to the sites increase. Our advertisers will only hold out for so long before they will suspend the relationship. Please let me know what you would like to see on this blog. Would you like to see more posts on saving money, cooking, nature, or maintenance on the boat? I try to include a little bit of everything each week!


I am going to start a meal and budget planning guide soon and will post it here on the blog when it is completed. Also the boys are finishing up on their classes and will have more free time to go out on some more adventures and field trips.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment